Cost Of College Tuition Has Doubled Since 2000
If you have a child in college, or like me, have more than one, you know how insanely expensive it is getting to send our kids to college. My two kids go to the same university, entered 2 years apart, and the younger child’s tuition is about 25% higher than the older kid. In just 2 years the tuition had gone up 25%, and I can tell you right now, the quality of education is the same.
This is just something I read on MSNBC, and it really started to scare me. How much are my children’s children going to be paying for college? Are we sending our kids to college just so they can afford to send their kids to college? I think if something doesn’t get done to attempt to control the tuition in this country, most adults will be so far in debt by their early 20′s, they will never be able to dig out of the hole.
On the other hand, thinking from a businessman’s point of view, I think this is a huge opening for the “trade” colleges and schools that focus on a specific job or field of study. With most of these programs, whether it be for a medical assistant, or a computer programmer, the employment rates for graduates are so much higher than at a regular university. I think that kids will get wise to the expensive degrees that guarantee you nothing, and focus more on the careers and jobs that have immediate needs.
So I guess I ask you the reader…Is it worth a six figure debt to go to college and get a four year degree? Are the connections you make there worth $120,000? How about the friendships, or the memories? Are they worth their weight in gold? At the current tuition rates, I would hope each dorm room comes with a personal concierge, and a private tutor.
You can see all the specific numbers in the article from Life Inc.
Our Latest Additions
- Using Credit Cards For Auto Repair Loans
- Using A Traditional Personal Loan For Auto Repair
- The Least Expensive Cars To Repair (2011)
- Using Payday Loans For Auto Repairs
- The “Unofficial Leader” Of Occupy Wall Street Explains Message (Video)
- College Get’s More Expensive – Top 25 Most Expensive Schools
- Some New Crazy Excuses For Missing Work
- At Work, Stay Alert! Someone Might Be Sabotaging You
- The Economy Is Taking It’s Toll On The Suburbs
- Mortgage Rates Are At All Time Low…But Are They Really?
- Online Car Shoppers Being Targeted By Criminals
- How Regular Folks Are Affected By Market Collapses
- A Personal Saving Plan – One Dollar At A Time
- New Average Credit Scores Show 40% Underqualified For Most Loans
- High Risk Auto Insurance – A Basic Understanding